Euston Station, 1848 New South Wales
In 1846, Edmund Morey trekked down the Murray River and squatted on the site of Boomiacrool station, later called Euston Station run.
There was no real contact with either Sydney or Melbourne or any other settlement of consequence in the area at that time. From the 1850s the land was used mainly for wool production and was developed as an essential river port.
Euston was eventually proclaimed as a township in 1885. The station was sold multiple times throughout the years mainly due to drought. Approximately 1968, Euston Station was sold to the Tyack family, and Euston Station came to life again with the new era of irrigation.
The original log cabin homestead built-in 1848 stills stands today. This restored 170-year-old early settlers cabin is situated on the banks of a private billabong just off the Murray River, 5km’s from the township of Euston.
The homestead now welcomes visitors by appointment, small gatherings, and events. The homestead is also home to the 1848 Collection - small homewares and gift store available to shop by appointment or online.
Shop, Event & Visitor Enquiries Welcome:firstname.lastname@example.org